Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dear Holly;
It's been a while since I wrote you an actual note So here goes. You remind me of many different things.
You're like a warm fire, whose embers are still warm, ready for just the slightest chance to burst back into flames. You're a used sweatshirt, full or stains and memories, one that you love to wear because it shows who you are and where you've been. You're a warm blanket to wrap around me whenever things just aren't going my way. You're a soft pillow to rest my head against when things get too tiring. You're the sound of rain pattering on glass, the smell of fresh earth after a rain, the gust of warm wind before a storm. You make everything seem alive, and you soften the hard edges of life. You are warm, lazy summer afternoons, you are nights spent stargazing, and evening spent chatting with friends. You are like the view after a long hike, you're the book with the worn pages and frayed bookmark. You're the feeling of a warm embrace, the warm cup of cocoa in the morning, the sound of waves crashing on the beach. You are like a million kisses, and a cool dip in the creek on a hot summer afternoon. You're the voice of reason, and a source of advice. You're like a sip of Iced Tea after a day's worth of Yardwork. You're like a lifetime pass to Disneyland. You are like so many things, but on the other hand, there's still something that makes you special. And that's why I love you Holly, because you share all these feelings with me, and still tell me that YOU'RE the lucky one ;) I forgot to mention that you're also a silly goose.
Love,
Mitchy

No comments:

Post a Comment